Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A Devotional Book Option


This last Monday I finished the book Daily Devotionals Inspired by Ninety Minutes in Heaven. I received this book as a Christmas gift. It, appropriately, had 90 devotionals which I broke up into two each week.

Each day began with one Bible verse, a brief devotional focused on the Bible reading, followed by a prayer.

It would certainly help to have read Piper's book before reading this devotional book, but it is not required. Many of his devotionals reflect on conversations that he has had with people at conferences, worship services and book signings.

Like the book, they all reflect on issues of heaven, the afterlife and what happens when we die. Given that this is often a hard topic for people to talk about, I felt as though this book continues the opportunity for us to reflect on those issues.

It is not that expensive and it is worth checking out. Contact me if have additional questions!


No comments:

Post a Comment