Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Stop Complaining!

"Do everything without complaining." - Philippians 2:14

During a commercial during lunch today, I read the devotional from The Upper Room. It was titled "Complain, Complain" and it talked about how we can model Christian behavior at all times. It said don't complain.

I had been mulling this over in my head in a ride over to Waupun. I had to stop at the grocery store to pick something up. I had one item. The woman in front of me had a full cart of stuff. In my head I thought, "She's seen my one item...she'll let me go in front of her." Not so, she continues on with her transaction.

I found myself getting frustrated. Granted, I had no one to complain to at the moment, but I was complaining to myself. I was letting this get to me.

Then I realized something. If I really thought it was that important to go next, I could have asked. Maybe she was also in a hurry. In the end, her purchase took but a few minutes and I was still early to my appointment. It wasn't an issue. I let it become an issue. If I knew I had a little extra time, I could said taken some time for prayer. Why get angry?

How easy can it be for us to read something, think we understand it and then totally blow an opportunity to practice it? Patience, patience, patience...and quit complaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment