Wednesday, April 28, 2010

District Commiitee on Ordained Ministry Meeting

Tomorrow morning at 10:00AM, I will be meeting with the District Committee on Ordained Ministry. This meeting will be taking place at Algoma Boulevard United Methodist Church. It is at this meeting that my progress as a minister will be reviewed and a decision will ultimately be made as to whether or not I will continue in ministry. As a Licensed Local Pastor, I will be asked to come before this committee each year.

By this time, the focus of the meeting changed somewhat. The first time I came before this committee, they made a decision as to whether or not I would be a certified candidate, an individual who was available for appointment. I remember being very nervous for this meeting. My mentor and Christa were there for the meeting when I was approved as a candidate. Perhaps I didn't to be as nervous as I was, but I was definitely excited to know that I could be appointed. It marked the culmination of over one year of preparation for this certification.

At tomorrow's meeting, I go in for the first time as a pastor under appointment. I am excited to speak about my experiences in ministry with the congregations in Oakfield and Eden. I am eager to speak about my experiences in a new calling. I am eager to speak about the joys and concerns that come with ministry.

I suppose it is highly unlikely that I would not be recommended to continue in ministry as a pastor. Regardless, I don't come into tomorrow's meeting nervous. I am excited for the opportunity to talk things out and share.

I humbly ask for your prayers as I continue my pastoral ministry. I also ask that you pray for all those that serve on this committee; they held guide and nurture the pastors that serve churches all over northeastern Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment